7/7/08

Goodbye Mr Jim

This morning we had to say goodbye to an invaluable member of the HopeCenter team.  Jim Hunt lived here for 2006, part of 2007 and returned again for the first half of this year.  He knows more about this facility than almost anyone outside of Andrey and Yuri.  His personally touches are on a myriad items around camp.  He created, crafted or refinished most anything wooden around here and there won't be a day that goes by in which we won't think about him and miss him.  He returns to Tomball, Tx to be reunited with his lovely wife Shari who has been gracious enough to lend him to us for these 6 months.

He was like a grandfatherly figure to me (even though he isn't really old enough to be) simply due to his massive breadth of experience.  He truly was like a grandfather to Campbell.  Every time Cam saw him around camp, his greeting was always either, "Hi Jim... working hard?" or "Hi Jim.... going to your house?"  We loved sharing meals, experiences and games of cards with him and we will certainly miss his banana bread and fresh apple cake.

Jim, if you read this when you get home, I want you to know that you have only been gone for 2 hours and we miss you already.  God bless and give our love to Shari.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your kind blog about my dad - Mr. Jim!!
    That just made my heart warm all over to hear those good things about my dad and to know that he's been a blessing to ya'll. We (my mom & I here in Tomball, TX) love him too and can't wait to see him tomorrow PM!! I KNOW he'll miss ya'll soooooo much. It will be hard for him to stay away I'm afraid. But we really hope next time my mom can come with him. :( She said she'd love to live over there as a grandma figure to all who need one. ;)If only there was funding for a grandma role! ;)
    Love and blessings to all of ya'll,
    Shanyn for Tim Zink too

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!