7/5/08

Hallelujah!

That's right people.  That is an authentic, non-Photoshoped picture of me standing on my own 2 feet.  It may not come across, but I am actually putting nearly equal weight on my atrophy-shriveled left leg.

I was given the go ahead to start putting light weight on my foot when I use my crutches or stand and I was surprised how good it felt.  While the wound (which Sarry mysteriously keeps calling "the incision") still looks REALLY funky, if there is minimal twisting or pressure I can actually maneuver without crutches.  It only works for very short distances but it's a start.  I have also made it my goal to be able to drive Jim to the airport in Simferopol on Monday afternoon so I have to take it smart and easy this weekend.  Driving is more controlled and will involve much less pressure than even gentle walking.  Stay tuned to see if I can rejoin the ranks of the useful in the next 48 hours.

2 comments:

  1. Glory, glory, hallelujah, Matt keeps marching on...Glad to hear your recuperation is going well. Good luck with the driving and glad to hear Sarah's dentist experience was positive - as one doesn't necessarily associate "Ukrainian dentist" with a positive experience...I suppose it helps he's a known quantity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never been so happy to see my baby brother's chicken legs!

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!