7/24/08

LOtD - Jake

Sorry about the gap in posting.  It's been a busy week.  The team left yesterday so we had all our round-up/goodbyes on Wednesday night.  We did shashlik and later s'mores, all accompanied by plenty of good conversation and jokes.  Jake, one of the funniest guys I've ever met, was out with us and in unusual form.  I overheard a conversation snippet between he and Yana, an interpreter, that almost made me pee myself.  It went something like this:

Yana: I'm gonna miss you guys.
Jake:  I'll miss you guys too.
Yana:  It's going to be sad when you leave tomorrow.
Jake:  Nah, it's cool...  If I miss you too much, I can just mail order you.

For the slow among you (which couldn't possibly be any of the regular readers), that is a reference to the massive "mail order bride" business from eastern Europe; Yana being a young, single, local Russian girl who likes long walks on the beach and is looking for a caring man to help her with visa requirements, blah, blah blah.....


In an earlier post I posted a video of Jake's band.  It was brought to my attention that I hadn't given the band's name... Breaking Down; and you can get some of their stuff on iTunes if you liked the video.

4 comments:

  1. Hey, it isn't a good day if you can't make a mail order bride reference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My submission for the next LOTD

    "He'll never lose those runs and that movement, and in the next couple
    of weeks he'll get sharper and sharper, which is when we'll start to
    see the best of Robbie Fowler" - Paul Ince neglects to add that a
    much more likely way of seeing the best of Robbie Fowler would be to
    rummage through Liverpool's archives from the last century.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Very amusing--I realize that I rarely make a mail order bride reference. Hmm--must find a way to work that in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats funny!! how did yana react to that!! i am trying to picture her face!

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!