7/3/08

Moments of the surreal

There are moments when an event or series of events occur and it makes you reexamine how strange your life has become.  This is my evening:

-Sarah's gone to get a cavity filled at a Ukrainian dentist that helps us on the side after hours (her appointment was for 8pm).
Update: Sarah just made it back and not only was her cavity filled... for free, but our dentist also gave us home-grown eggs and milk from his backyard.  Now that is hospitality.

-Our 2 year old son is still out running around camp in the dark (it's 9:25pm; an hour and a half after bed time) with a 35 year-old Ukrainian... I have no idea exactly where.

-I'm flat on my back (mostly) because I hit my sandaled foot with an ax after completely missing my targeted branch.  I'm passing time by watching all the Indiana Jones films and transferring mp3s to friend's phone from my Mac via Bluetooth; hitting OK every minute or two before every one of the 53 desired tracks.

What steps did I take in my life that led me to such an interesting 4th of July eve?

1 comment:

  1. U just good person with crazy life! And i think that u makes everyone feels really good!!!

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!