8/18/08

Cam Pictures

I was just noticing that we had a backlog of unshared pics of Cam that I thought you guys might like...

This is him with Misha.  I don't really know how to describe Misha to you other than he is like a crazy and awkwardly young uncle for Campbell; one who came though not invited and never got around to leaving.  He is 13, from Kerch and was a camper last camp along with his older brother Sergey.  When Tanya agreed to allow Sergey to stay as a volunteer (even though he's younger than several of the campers), Misha sort of tagged along.  Ostensibly he is supposed to be cleaning up the grounds but that only really happens a few hours a day.  The rest of the time he is a self-appointed babysitter, housecleaner, marriage/parenting counselor and generally a pre-pubescent Russian version of Doctor Phil.  Since it's hot and he doesn't want Tanya to send him home, he spends most of the day in our air-conditioned apartment trying to prove that he is useful.  Campbell loves him and he is oddly likable in a lovey, pestery kind of way.

If this doesn't sum up Misha's quirkiness I don't think any picture will.  He went out of his way to find a flat soccer ball to use as pillow, though Campbell didn't really want to lay down.

Kids are always cute when they sleep and this is a good shot of the calm before the storm

...kinda hard to describe.  He must have come in to sleep with us at some point during the night and the next morning was the last one out of bed.  I don't imagine that the nightstand is that comfy but he chose to stick with it nonetheless.

2 comments:

  1. those are very cute!!! i loved hanging out with misha and sergey. they are GREAT!! please tell them i say hello and especially Sergey!! and that i missss him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even deal with this kid. Just can't deal. I burst out laughing in my office, thereby validating people's theory that I am a loon.

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!