8/17/08

Happy Birthday Matty

Yup.  Today is the big day for Matt.  As I write this he is sacked out for an afternoon nap... I guess the age is catching up.  Throughout the day he has been showered with love and gifts from kids to counselors and staff members.  Gifts ranging from soviet memorabilia, candies, coffee, flowers, photo albums, coffee mug and the list goes on.  He even got a very special gourmet omelet from the ladies in the kitchen.  It's left Cam and I with an out of tune Happy Birthday song early in the morning and a sad little post to hopefully let him know that we love him so very much.  I feel rather guilty though because each of his birthdays are really more of a gift to Cam and I.  We are so very lucky to have such a patient, loving, sacrificing,  and safe husband and daddy.  We take it for granted more than we should, but after being around these campers and hearing their stories I've been hit with how privileged we really are.  The other day one little boy (while hanging around Matt's neck) made him promise to never hit me or Campbell... and with tears in Matt's eyes he said "Never!".  First of all, it made us so sad to think that this is what this little boy fears, but then it made me realize that we really do have a great little family.  Despite all of our flaws (and believe me we each have our share :)), God has really blessed us with real love for each other.  Thank you Matty for always forgiving, being so very patient with me, being such a loving father, sacrificing time for Campbell and I (putting us first), making us laugh, and making sure we are safe.  We love you so very much and our proud to call you ours!  Sorry we couldn't spoil you with gifts today.  We'll send you off to a Shaktur game as soon as we can... you have it documented here.  

8 comments:

  1. Oh my baby brother...Sarry has put into words perfectly what we all have always felt--you are a wonderful gift. I can't imagine my life without you in it, and to watch you grow up and create this wonderful family just shows your value and your worth.

    I hope you have a wonderful birthday (afternoon nap requirement not withstanding) and that you remember that while you are being such a blessing to those kids and others over there, there are a lot of people over here that are lucky to have you in our lives as well.

    Happy Birthday baby bro. С днем рождения. S dniom rojdeniya.

    XOXOXOXOXO

    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Matt!

    Did you know that more people are born in August than any other month?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Matt. Wishing you a successful year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Matt! Wishing you a blessed year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATT!!

    What a beautiful tribute. You guys are so good with words! It is so neat to be able to follow along with your lives even though you are half a world away. I wish you a wonderful birthday (sorry this is late, hope it was good) and another year filled with blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. well this note even made me cry...i really feel when i'm around your family that something is protecting me...i guess its your love to everyone who you know! You are just amazing people and i love you all very very very very much!

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!