8/13/08

Ranger video

I have a couple of thoughts regarding this video.

-As I watch myself drive embarrassingly slow, I must tell you that this vehicle does NOT coast.  Once you let up on the gas, it stops... dead.  Some of this is probably under-inflated tires but I also think it's the nature of the transmission which can go 0-42 mph without the need to shift.  It just takes some getting used to, that's all.

-Despite my tendency to refer to the Ranger as "my baby" and the metaphorical "birthing" of the vehicle from the trailer (in breach position) I can dispel any notion that you might have that today was a happier day than the birth of my actual son.  That said, seeing the joy in Cam's eyes riding with his daddy with the wind in his face made it that much more fun.

-As you watch this there are a few funny portions.  One is the nearly constant rapid-fire Russian instructions.  There is a portion near the end where if you listen closely, to my left Jenya is telling me that I am clear and should give it the business (my words, not his) while Andrey is saying choot-choot, urging me to take it slow.  Once I did make it down, Jenya sprints for the passenger's seat and quickly buckles in for the ride.  Funny stuff....


4 comments:

  1. Very fun--and did I see Olympic rings on the backdrop? Yay, Ukrainian divers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find myself very excited about the birth of your little one. Choot-choot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Matt. Looks like you'd be good at "jeepin'".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job on that especially with that many people telling you different things. Personally I think that you should have found a reason to bust out the winch but that can be saved for the next move. ;) I think that you should call it Choo Choo bang bang ( Chitte Chitte Bang Bang)

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!