8/15/08

Cam the Rocker

Honestly I try not to be the type of father that assumes that everything that my son does is exciting for everyone else but this morning we recorded what I think is comic gold.  We sing some subset of the same 8 Russian songs every morning for camp so Campbell has many of them pretty well memorized; words and hand motions.  There is one called "Tam Tam" in which he does a fantastic imitation of the kids singing into the microphone.

The video is a little long by virtue of the fact that I included a lot of footage for the sake of our family who doesn't get to see him much.  That said, if you have a little time to get it started (ie press play) and then pause it until the buffering gets about halfway, you will LOVE Cam's performance that starts about 3:30 into it.  The whole thing is pretty funny but maybe only if you realize that he knows the words pretty well for a 2 year old American.  You also can't see very well but he simultaneously scrunches up his face like he ate a lemon while sticking his lower jaw out.  It's priceless.


Tell me he doesn't look like he is planning to go into punk rock once his voice changes....

4 comments:

  1. Cam is absoutly adorable!!! he does look like a little rocker!!!

    and those are some of my FAVORITE camp songs!!!! thanks for posting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just don't quite know what to do with this except hug my computer. Good thing he doesn't like performing or anything.....

    The yelling of Russian words by a two year old is quite amusing -- I am in agreement there.

    Thanks for this!!

    T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow--if my nephews weren't the cutest little boys on the planet, I would have to adopt Cam (he can be the 3rd cutest in my book). I loved the singing into the microphone while keeping time on his belly. You are lucky parents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness. That is one of the cutest things I've ever seen. I miss little camo.
    L

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!