8/15/08

Premier League Table Picks

Ok, I arranged with Slick to post my 2008-2009 English Premiership table predictions at midnight GMT the night before opening day.  After some quick math, I see that equates to 2am tomorrow morning in Ukraine and 6pm today in Colorado.  Assuming I am clever enough to use a drop-down menu, this post should hit at exactly midnight GMT while I should be happily snoring away.

I see no reason to explain these picks and if you have a disagreement with my placement feel free to make your case in a comment.  I'll give you new-comers a quick guide to what places mean what.  

First, the top 4 places are the most prestigous as they qualify for the Champions League (with the higher places getting early round byes).  

The next 3 are also potential European competition qualifiers.  In short, number 5 qualifies automatically for the UEFA Cup with 6 and 7 only doing so if the winners of the 2 domestic cups (Carling and FA) in England have already qualified for Europe.

The competition to be outside the last 3 is actually just as important since they are relegated to the second tier of English football (called the Championship); being replaced by the 3 top teams (after a mini playoff) from the Championship.

So finally, here is the definative work of semi-educated guess on how it will look in May.  I have been buoyed by excellent summer signings by Liverpool and Aaron's boys Tottenham (including us stealing THFC's captain) but I just don't see things changing as much as we would hope.  


1. Chelsea

2. Man United

3. Liverpool

4. Arsenal

5. Tottenham

6. Portsmouth

7. Aston Villa

8. Everton

9. Man City

10. West Ham

11. Blackburn

12. Sunderland

13. Middlesbrough

14. Bolton

15. Fulham

16. Newcastle

17. West Brom

18. Wigan

19. Stoke City

20. Hull City

1 comment:

  1. I will write mine up and send them to you, although it isn't as responsible as you actually posting them for the public. I will say that I have no reason to change them based on anything I saw today.

    Either way, it will be fun to be in the IKTS league with you guys!!

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!