6/11/08

Euro 2008 Mascots

So I have now watched the vast majority of every one of the 9 games that have so far been played in this tournament.  It's been pretty good if overly tactical football and on the whole I've enjoyed it.  One thing that is involved in watching these games is the animated music video of the twin mascots Trix and Flix that is played during the halftime of every match.  It's a 3.5 minute mixture of choreographed breakdancing, freestyle street running and football tricks all in a silly Alpine-ish village inexplicably set to a Shaggy song called "Like a Superstar."

While I try to fein ambivalence towards it, I am strangely unable to leave the room once it starts.  Campbell also suffers from the addiction and has even started mimicking some of the easier and more obvious dance steps.  Our night time routine involves him bathing, brushing teeth, watching the first half of the first game until Trix and Flix do their thing and then off to bed.

Here's the full video so that you can tell me what a dolt I am for being stuck on it and please don't ask me what they're supposed to be.  My best guess is that their heads resemble the logo for the event itself.  Enjoy:

2 comments:

  1. Hmm. Very existential. I'm just wondering about the amount of hair gel needed to maintain that hair-do whilst heading footballs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That...is...the...coolest commercial ever! Ok, so I'm exaggerating, but in its genre of animated break-dancing world soccer tournament commercials this thing rules. We aren't getting that over here, so consider yourself lucky. I had to watch it a few times and thought about learning the dance routine myself.

    The song is actually pretty cool too.

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!

What I used to think