6/6/08

New post type - Common Misconceptions

Today while sweeping I was hit by a new concept for posts on the blog.  It sort of bridges Facts of the Day, historical topics and cultural commentary in what I hope will be an interesting forum.  I plan to take something that is generally held as truth or common knowledge and reexamine the basic facts behind the assumption.  Some of the topics I was thinking about were, "Are Americans the only people who refer to soccer by that name?", a very timely "Do price controls on commodities help the consumer?" or if I feel really brave "The underlying facts of the Israeli/Palestinian conflict."  I hope that most will more light-hearted than that but it's one of the issues that comes to mind.  Also if you have a suggestion for a topic, I'll give it a shot.

There may be occasions in which what I consider to be a misconception wanders into some of your strongly held beliefs so please feel free to comment or attempt persuade me.

2 comments:

  1. Riddle me this:

    Why do park in the driveway and drive on the parkway?

    If you can answer this, Matt, you will be my hero two times over. I like were you're going with this theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey now Mark! I don't feel qualified to take on these weighty issues. I'll just stick to simple, cut and dried stuff like presidential politics.

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!

What I used to think