6/2/08

Super Friends LIVE and so much more

I got a few requests for some pictures of the Super Friends from this weekend's post and though I cannot oblige in full, I seek forgiveness by posting a short video which includes "The Rocker" in a white suit singing a power ballad duet.  I must stress up front that I do not intend to mock these kids.  They are clearly talented in many different arenas, were very pleasant and polite and I hope them all the best.  It was mainly their seemingly-coordinated uniqueness that made me think of a politically correct, live action, superhero kids show.

In order to avoid the confusion that would have invariably come (due to the abundance of power ballads and the separate locations) I am going to give a little explanation of each portion of the video.

Part 1 is a group of girls performing at the opening ceremonies here at the HopeCenter.  As was common, they are dancing to a classic American song.

Part 2 is the same day at HC and the guy in the shiny white suit is one of the Super Friends.  Serenading was a talent of which I was unaware when I wrote my original post about them.

Parts 3 and 4(along with all that follow) were performed at the venue in Simferopol.  This group of girls actually won the contest at the HopeCenter which earned them a spot in the main event.  Note that in the "swinging" portion of the performance, the jumprope is in fact a little girl.  Very clever.

Parts 5 and 6 are a professional performer, not one of the orphans, and I think they speak for themselves.

Sorry about the audio quality, the volume and bass were such that the microphone had no chance of clearly recording the music.

3 comments:

  1. ROCK ON BROTHER ! I have a suggestion for the human jump rope group to be able to kick it up a notch....... Double Dutch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last kid is just crazy! Gene Simmons would be proud (not that his opinion is really one to take to the bank, but whatever).

    ReplyDelete
  3. SAWEET!!!!!!!!!!!

    very cool!! another reason to show why i LOOOOOVVEEE UKRAINIANS!!!!!!!!

    Lori

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!

What I used to think