6/5/08

Smiles and WooHoos all around

Yesterday Tanya and I packed up the kids and headed to the new park!  There are actually 5 kids in the back of this Chevy Aveo... and yes Campbell is not in a car seat (nor seatbelt) and yes he is loving it!  I still get a bit anxious when we don't use the car seat.  I've still got that crazed "car seat until 16" mind set, I guess.  But at the same time, I have great memories of cramming in the back of a honda civic hatchback... and I mean very back... and so I'm able to let it go at times. 


So here are the new digs!  I was quite impressed as you will not see anything near as modern in the city of Kerch.  Kiev, yes... Kerch, no.  The governor has promised a total of 7 for the city... when that happens, we don't know, but a great asset when it does.  This was just a fourth of the actual play area.  There are two more play areas and a very nice basketball court as well.  They've even painted rainbows, suns, and balloons on the apartments to brighten it up.  I don't know that the residents are too excited about that, but it certainly makes it kid friendly.


Campbell loved climbing and trying out all new ways of going down the slide.


And of course, he had a great helper, Tonya...


And what day at the park doesn't need a bully.  I was just proud that Campbell didn't hit back... at least with this little girl. :)

2 comments:

  1. I think recess should be mandatory for all people, regardless of their age or where they work. Can you imagine playing freeze-tag, kickball or red-rover with your co-workers every day? Awesome.

    Thanks for the pics. It's fun to see Kerch and Campbell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I say show the bully who is boss!! Somehow I don't think people are lined up to let me babysit their kids with that kind of encouragement.....

    He is so grown!!

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!

What I used to think