6/13/08

The team has arrived... mostly

Yesterday the 6-person camp team was scheduled to arrive in Simferopol at about 4pm with Andrey and I planning to pick them up in two cars.  Upon waking up yesterday we learned that 2 of the members had missed their flight out of Chicago, leaving us with only 4.  Just as we were preparing to leave, Paul (the team leader who was coming from Sweden) called from Frankfurt to inform me that we had lost 3 more members in transit.  If you're keeping track at home that is exactly 1 of the 6 members expected to be at the airport in Simferopol.  Needless to say we were a bit flustered by this situation until I got a last second text from Paul letting me know that the 3 prodigal members had just snuck on at the last minute.

We followed through with our plan to grab the remaining 4 members with 2 cars and had them back at the HopeCenter just in time for the end of the first half of the Germany-Croatia game... er... I mean dinner.

Most posts and photos of Camp 1 will be forthcoming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me your genius!

What I used to think