6/28/08

Foot Update

Ok, here is the latest report on the incident that I think I will refer to as "Sandalgate":

First I would like to correct the record.  In my last post I claimed that the injury in question was sustained on Saturday morning, probably leading most of you to wonder what you were doing at work on a weekend.  Even though we are ahead of most of you (somewhere between 7 and 9 hours), I am actually not so far in the future that I experience Saturday morning sometime in the middle of your Thursday night.

After sufficient testing of the pain pills (codeine I think), I decided for a further injection before bed last night.  The pain was significantly higher than what I figured I could sleep through.  It did the trick but an additional sleeping aid would have been appreciated.  Aside from the bruises that are developing on my tail end from the meds and antibiotics shots, I am feeling pretty good on the medication front.  This morning I was feel confident about my pain threshold and skipped my codeine altogether.

Every morning and night I have to have the dressing changed and the wound cleaned.    At roughly 9:24 am I realized the error of foregoing my meds when Doctor Olga started to swab the wound.  Sufficed to say, it is probably a good thing that I don't know any really bad Russian words.  While the name Doctor Olga may bring to mind a massive middle-aged Eastern European woman with a love for inflicting pain, in reality she is our small (though certainly middle-aged) and very sweet camp pediatrician.  She is very patient with me, her biggest patient (thank you, thank you! I'll be here all week), even when I start to get a little uneasy as the big needles come out.

I have been forced to swallow my pride since, in my current form, I don't appear to be all that injured...and yet I can only tolerate being upright for so long before my foot is burning and throbbing against its stitches.  I spent yet another day laying in bed trying not to seem pathetic while being... well, pathetic.  I am worried that sometime early next week my boredom and pride will combine to create a perfect storm in ignoring doctor's advice.  The worst thing is that every evening for the past 3 weeks there has been wall-to-wall football on TV; a tournament whose final game is tomorrow.  Talk about bad timing...

3 comments:

  1. I will send someone overnight to be able to take you back and forth to the footy!!

    I love you baby! And speaking of small medics, I would imagine that Sarry, despite being slight in form, will keep you in line (sort of).

    I am praying for your feet and the stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are taking a break from work to check and see how you are doing. Glad to hear that you are trying to relax.

    We are looking forward to talking to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Sandal's and an Axe hu ....... good thinking ;). Found show that made me think of you, it's called "Axe men". I swear. What I want to now did you rupture your uterus? or break your spline ..... :)

    get will soon, and stay off your foot..... you thought hinting it with an axe hurt try having your stitches RIP OUT and THEY HAVE TO DO IT ALL AGAIN.

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!

What I used to think