6/22/08

Last day of Camp 1

Today was the last day of camp so most of the kids trickled out to their respective homes and institutions.  I thought I should add a few pictures from the day and I hope to convince Sarah to post about her impression of her first camp in the next few days.

My aim wasn't to get a great shot of 8 nostrils but I was very close to achieving that nonetheless.

This was an impromptu shot but I like the way it turned out.  Jenya looks very intense yet thoughtful when in reality we were sharing his MP3 to listen to an Ozzie song.

It has taken a few captions for me to realize that these are not at all in chronological order.  Below is the shot of some of the kids when I made a surprise visit to their train car to give them some food for the road... or the rails as it were.

Here's Sarah with some of her girls.  All three are from Kerch but from 2 different internats.  Please pray for these girls as they will soon graduate and be on their own at 15 or 16.  The statistics are pretty bleak for girls in this situation.

This is Mark... no, seriously, his name is Mark.  He was great fun, a huge help in all things and one of the most joyful people I've ever met.  We hope to head over to Simferopol sometime to visit all our new friends from that area.

Sergey and Yuri are also from Kerch so I hope to be able to see them more regularly

This one was great.  Ira wanted me to take this picture and Cam liked the idea.  What she thought would be a cool shot of her with a newer car turned out more like one of those contests where the last person touching the car wins it.

Little Jenya.  He's a tough one because he can be a great little guy one minute then moody and home sick the next.  He came with an internat group but was constantly trying to wrangle a phone to call his mom (even though she already told him that he needed to stay here).  His little brother Dima was the exact same way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me your genius!

What I used to think