6/7/08

European Championships picks

The vast majority of you have already tuned this one out but trust me, if you stick with this one it will be interesting...

We are in a contest with Slick (his picks are here) to pick the Euros this year and by we, I mean Sarah, Campbell and I.  I explained to Sarry who was good and she picked her own biases but Cam had trouble making up his mind.  We had to put pieces of paper in a hat and have him draw.

The question is... will my hours of listening to football analysis every week pay off or will Cam and Sarry randomly pick their way to victory.  Here are our picks for the group stage, which BTW you can see on ESPN this year.

Group A
Matt - Portugal and Czech Rep.
Sarry - Portugal and Czech Rep.
Cam - Czech Rep and Turkey

Group B
Matt - Germany and Croatia
Sarry - Germany and Poland
Cam - Germany and Croatia

Group C
Matt - Italy and the Netherlands
Sarry - Italy and Romania
Cam - Italy and Romania

Group D
Matt - Spain and Russia
Sarry - Spain and Greece
Cam - Spain and Russia

2 comments:

  1. I guarantee the person with the least knowledge will win. That's usually how it works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the risk of being mocked after the first 4 days, these are the picks that I submitted to the competition out here (of which I am the only US American in a bunch of ex-pats)

    Group A: Portugal and Turkey
    Group B: Germany and Poland
    Group C: Italy and France
    Group D: Spain and Russia

    Italy made me proud yesterday. Except not at all.

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!

What I used to think