10/17/08

Bloglines hates blogs


For the past year in my efforts to encourage people to read this and other good blogs I have been hawking online aggregator/blog readers such as Bloglines and Google reader.  This method gives you the ability to follow and read dozens of blogs without taking the hours out of your day to go to each site.  It really is a nice convenience.

As if to prove that my endorsement is a death knell, this week Bloglines decided to undergo a massive brain fart.  It coincided with my upgrade to the new beta version but even classic Bloglines is junk.  

I follow a few very popular blogs (Powerline blog, Little Green Footballs, Iowahawk, etc) which according to Bloglines have stopped posting.  If I go to these sites I can see quite a few new posts from the past few days which my blog reader has seen fit not to update for me.  I have tried to re-subscribe and gotten minimal positive results.

At this point, my blog reader has been relegated to telling me the posts from a week ago which I've already read due to its own inability to keep me updated.

Any other Bloglines users having this problem?  Oh wait.... if you are, you won't be reading this post until next Wednesday....   I guess I can wait.


Update: I am doing a side-by-side test with Google Reader and Bloglines to see if I can determine a clearly superior reader.  Everyone post to your sites to give me a steady stream of content for this test.

Update #2:  Google reader is currently the unquestioned leader in this contest.  Not only is it getting posts from Powerline and LGF (Bloglines 2 major problems from my blogroll) but the Bloglines Beta version wouldn't let me subscribe to Sam Bhatt's site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me your genius!