10/6/08

I'm missing Ukraine

Yesterday I cut my fingernails.  Interesting... not really.  Important... only if I plan to look like a civilized person.  Profound....  a little more today than other days.  Here is my right thumb nail:
That black mark represents a tough day of work in storage building 1 at the Hope Center, or more specifically, the bed frame which dropped on my unsuspecting hand.

Unfortunately it also represents that I have been away from Kerch long enough for this battle wound to have almost grown out.  Within a week or so I will no longer have a reminder of the Hope Center prominently placed on an extremity.  From an esthetic point of view, this may be a good thing but emotionally it will be a sad moment, once again reminding me that I am being kept away from the people I love over there and ministry that I enjoy.  

I just talked to Tanya on Skype and learned that the Ranger will clear customs in another 2-3 weeks, that my friend Roman (a HopeCenter profile on him will be forthcoming) has been employed at the camp full-time (a huge answer to prayer) and that my other buddy Igor is getting married to his sweetheart Natasha at the Hope Center itself.  It is killing us to be away while all these great things are happening but we are trusting that the Lord will get us back at exactly the time he wants us there.

Please don't take offense if you're a reader on this side of the world.  I can simultaneously be glad to be here with you and saddened by our absence from Ukraine.

2 comments:

  1. To be fair, you do have the scar from a rather large gash on your foot.

    I submit that is a reminder prominently placed on an extremity.

    Just to cheer you up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it makes you feel any better I can whack your thumb with a hammer or hit your other foot with an axe so you'll have fond memories of this place when you go back to the Ukraine!

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!