10/27/08

Poll Results and Thoughts

The final results are in...  because I'm tired of it and we have plenty of votes.

  • 34 total voters (in my poll) of which 31 plan to actually vote for president  in the upcoming election.
  • From that number, 23 are going McCain and 4 for Obama....  This is about the breakdown I expected.
  • 4 are either undecided or voting 3rd party.

My unabridged thoughts about this are:

If, like in my poll, only 8% abstained from voting (either on principle or from laziness) we would be having a record turn-out this year.  In reality, you would have to add all those who visited the site and didn't bother to vote, whereby my mock election would be even less popular than the actual election.

Not making any correlations, but the percent voting Obama (11%) in my poll is coincidentally almost the exact same portion of the US population that believes Elvis is still alive (hehehe).  No commentary there....

And the fact that 2/3 of my readership are McCainites may indicate that I'm a far right fascist.




9 comments:

  1. I actually voted 3 times...once at home, once at work, and once from my phone. Thanks Acorn (gives the thumbs up).

    I was looking at the Electoral map today and it doesn't look pretty for McCain. If when the east coast polls close Obama wins any one of FL, OH, VA, or NC I think it's all over. McCain has to win all of those states to win the whole thing. That's what I'll be watching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be afraid people of Osama i mean Obama winning. Just keep praying and trust fully that God's will will prevail!! I Have full faith that McCain WILL win!!! The media doesn't know as much as they pretend to...God Knows all and can do anything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be happy if people stopped the Osama/Obama comments. That would be a good start.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Admittedly it was pretty funny when Ted Kennedy did it but I have to agree that it doesn't do much good for any cause.

    ReplyDelete
  5. [Agreed - Ted's slip was hi-larious]

    Freudian slips are one thing, but people who continue to repeat it as if they are being funny come off sounding a wee bit ignorant. I feel the same way about some of the nicknames/monikers I have heard about Palin. There is no substitute for just taking a second to think about what comes out of your mouth.

    My name is Tammi and I approve this message. Even if I get yelled at for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why is the comment thing on your blog all screwed up?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I changed it to an embedded comment box. Do you not like it?

    I may do a poll on that....

    After all, you guys are the ones that do most of the commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. More that you don't have the option of having follow up comments sent to your email like you did before. Not a deal breaker, but easier to follow comment threads the other way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not being from Chicago, I only voted once. One of your token Obama voters. Looks like there might be as many as 4 of us!!!

    We should get together and have a Election Night party to celebrate how wonderful it is to be a Liberal and a Democrat right now

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!