10/9/08

What a weird coincidence

A few days back I heard that my lovely sister and her super-cool husband had started a blog.  Yesterday I figured I would see if I could find these guys in cyberspace:
Yeah, that was a shameless plug for my new nephew Padraig and I don't care who knows it.

Anyway, with a name like Orf I figured a blog search should turn up their site pretty easily.  I searched "Orf family" thinking it should be a straight forward operation.  When Google, in it's infinite wisdom (there should be a punctuation marks that indicate sarcasm), returned this site, "The Orf Family,"  I figured I'd hit the nail on the head.  

I started reading (there were no pictures) and noticed that there was no update on the birth itself, which isn't odd due to the busyness of the first few days.  I was then shocked to discover that the expectant Orf mama had gestational diabetes.  I had heard nothing of this so I scrolled down to the next post.  It began speaking of situations I hadn't heard about with people I didn't know in places I didn't think Bobby and Joy had been.  I was a little slow in realizing that though the name and pregnancy were the same, this was not actually my sister's blog.  Weird, huh?

Our Orf family can be found here complete with photos and excellent writing.

I also must pass on the fact that Tammi also has a blog but it is invitation-only.  It's every bit was witty and snarky as my lovely older sister is in real life.  If you have Facebook you can contact her (Tammi Gaw) and she may send you an invitation to view her top-secret blog.

And finally, for you political junkies, my Uncle Walt has jumped into the blogging arena with both feet.  He is literally the exact person for whom the blog medium was designed.  He is a lefty - 100% in the bag for Obama - but he's thoughtful, civil, informed and he's no hippie.  I know you're all sick of wall-to-wall election coverage but give it a look anyway.


1 comment:

  1. thanks for taking the truce...i wondered if you would come back with more, but you do know after a while we would just be talking in circles with counter example after counter example. at this point, maybe we can pick it up after the elections. :o]

    it is fun to be able to reignite our friendship though only virtually so far. i do like reading about your adventures and your family...you obviously did really well for yourself.

    i do have to say one more thing about faith: i am all about being pushed out of my comfort zone especially when it comes to my faith, and that can mean a number of things, but at the very least, learning to accept and even lift up differences because that's what makes the body of christ beautiful...as well as inherently messy and crazy.

    more later!
    that one '08!
    "jesus was a community organizer!"

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!