10/18/08

Election Satire: Part 2

In keeping with my vow to not deal any longer with election debate and stick only to the benign humorous stuff.  I would never have guessed until I came across this video on Powerline that it would have come from McCain himself.  There are 2 clips and I recommend you watch at least the first 3/4 of the speech.  Midway through the second clip he puts the jokes in context with a classy and complimentary tribute to Barack the man and colleague.

If you support Obama, check this out and let me know if you think it's funny and if you saw it as one of the only non-partisan(ish) type events during this crazy season.




So what do you think?

Update:  I think this may be the first time that I have updated a post prior to actually posting it... and yet still counting it as an update.  I found Obama's portion of the event and thought he was pretty funny too.  My mom was a little put off by all the "I, me, my" statements that he used and I would point out how at the end, Barack graciously accepts McCain into the elite group of Americans as great as himself, but I think that was a misspeak.  All in all a good speech but not as good as McCain's.  

Again, what did you think?




1 comment:

  1. i caught the vids of the candidates' speeches at the al smith dinner last week, and laughed so hard. i thought obama was hillarious, and was exactly what i expected him to be: eloquent, funny, and smooth. i do think mccain performed better...but only because i set the bar so low for him. :o] he struck me as a cute, funny old man.

    both were equally gracious in their comments to each other, and i appreciated it...i felt a little less disheartened during this crazy election season...

    so...it's uncle walt and me vs. you! haha!

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!