10/22/08

Election Satire: Part 3

I just listened to this audio clip on Slick's blog and I was amazed.  It certainly shakes my confidence in the American electorate but what's truly amazing is that in an election where the candidates (not in equal amounts) are spending money like water on advertising, people are still unclear on what the candidate's actual positions are.

Of course this is the very definition of anecdotal, but even in it's humor it's a bit disturbing.

Thanks Slicky for finding this one....

Don't forget to vote in my poll on the right!



2 comments:

  1. While it certainly is anecdotal, and a shock-jock way of looking things, I'm not terribly surprised. Though I know plenty of people in the McCain camp who are equally dogmatic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not the dogmatism... it's the absolute ignorance of where the candidates stand. The people are just agreeing that they stand with Obama about keeping troops in Iraq, nominating Sarah Palin and being pro-life. Despite their insistence that they are voting on the issues, they don't know what their candidate believes, or even what they themselves believe.

    I don't know about shock-jock.... as I understand it, Howard Stern is just airing something recorded by someone else.

    I don't think you would get many folks on the conservative side that would be fooled into agreeing with Obama on issues like the war in Iraq and abortion, but that's just a guess.

    The clips could be 2 or 3 out of 6000 so it doesn't do much generalize but man, is that scary.

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!