10/8/08

HopeCenter Profiles: Roman and family

I just learned recently that we have hired Roman full time at the HopeCenter.  I actually don't know as much about him as I should but I do have a great picture of him and his family (courtesy of camp team member David Hyttsten of David's Photography).
Actually Roman had been volunteering at camp for quite some time prior to be being hired.  He is a proud graduate of our GLOMOS pastoral training program, utilizing that information as a Bible teacher for our vocational school last year.  He's an amazingly talented craftsman who can handle welding, carpentry, masonry, forestry (which he also does in sandals) and anything in between.

I seem to recall that his wife used to work at the HopeCenter before my time and she frequently comes by with their daughter to use the camp as a safe playground.  She and Campbell haven't yet figured out how to play nicely together but we are hoping to work on that in the up-coming year.

We are all excited to have them officially on-board with us and I will try to remember to return and re-post with more specific information when I learn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me your genius!