2/28/08

The Greatest Movie Ever...


Have any of you seen the movie "3:10 to Yuma?"  It has come to my attention today that this is the world's greatest movie, eclipsing Kevin James' "Sweat the Small Stuff."  How, you may ask, have I come to this realization and what is my rational?

On Saturday we decided to test iTunes new movie rental feature and opted for "3:10".  I was slightly disappointed when it took over 2 hours to download but still enjoyed the film when it was finally ready.  I was MORE than slightly disappointed when I learned today that it cost 600 hrivna in internet fees for the privilege.  For those of you who don't stay up on exchange rates, that is about $125 (or almost 20% of my monthly salary).  Yes, that's right - if you add in the $4.26 I paid to rent the movie, it cost me $130 to see this flick.

This means that from a strictly financial standpoint, "3:10 to Yuma" must be the greatest movie of all time.  Even better than the Kevin James Comedy Central special DVD which runs about $100-$120 on Amazon for a new copy.  

Just thought you might like to know...

7 comments:

  1. So, would you recommend it?
    Sorry your natural interest in a western turned so pricey! I once thought I was getting a deal from amazon.uk, but it turned into the world's greatest book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time you're interested in a flick; I'll mail you one and save you money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, I would recommend it to you. It's a pretty good flick.

    Mike, you could probably pay half that much and get a Turk to smuggle it in. It may not take as long as it did to download either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahahaha! I'm sorry brother. Back when I first moved to Seattle I signed up for dial up internet access. What I didn't know, was that the dial up number that I picked that was in a town a few miles away and with the same area code was actually considered long distance. Unfortunately, this was also when Napster was considered "legal". After a month of every night clicking on as many songs as I could and going to bed (sometimes to wake up and find that my long list of songs hadn't finished downloading yet) I received a pretty hefty phone bill. Actually, I ended up getting 2 bills both for about a grand each. Luckily, I was able to cut them in half and only had to pay $1000.

    Those songs never "hurt so good"! Live and learn. Maybe it should be called $310 to Yuma!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dang, Brother! That is a lot to pay for free songs!

    We had huge bills like that when Sarah's cell got stolen but that is kind of off topic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. One time, I cut my credit card bill in half and sent it to them, but the next time I tried to use it, the maitre 'd cut the card in half.

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!

What I used to think