2/6/08

New Type of Post

I mentioned Carlos Whittaker in my last post (if you haven't checked in with his blog, do so immediately) and I am taking a page out of his playbook for this one.  Thus far, the vast majority of my pieces have been either pictures or multi-paragraph in their nature.  Carlos - or loswhit as he seems to call his cyber alter-ego - will do mini posts that may not even contain a single complete sentence, but share a random thought or funny event (his man boob "under cleavage" video from yesterday is pure genius).  These are usually accompanied by some Photo Booth picture of himself - I'm pretty sure he's a Mac guy.

With that in mind I must tell you about the funniest thing that's happened all day.  I woke up at 6am to talk to the boys via a Skype-to-phone call over at The Coach's place.  Unfortunately his kids were sick so it was just he and the lovely wifey, Steph.  We were a little ways into the conversation when, for reasons I can't recall, we tried to determine the technical term for calling from a computer to a land line.  We went from "cyber-genic" to "cyber telepathic (or something), to Sarah's entry of "cyber-phonetic."  Obviously as an English teacher, the phonetic thing was funny to Mike (he's hooked on phonetics) so he said "lol" and I almost wet my pants.  

Something about using a computer chat program to call a home phone and having the person on the other end actually SAY "L-O-L" was too much for my sleep-clouded brain.  I wasted at least 1 cent (ie 30 seconds) from my Skype account because I was laughing too hard to talk.  

Give me a comment to let me know if this is truly hilarious or if it's a had-to-be-there kind of thing.  Just for good measure and in true Loswhit style I added a morning hair picture of the boys...Do you like Flock of Seagulls?

5 comments:

  1. You are a strange guy Matt. (to quote) :)

    BTW, the picture isn't appearing on your blog. I have to imagine what a FlockGaw of Seagulls looks like.

    My ideas for your internet to phone converstation would be:

    - Surfing the World-Wide Blab
    - Technical term: interyaking

    If video to video chat is the event:

    - Cyberface

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I want to make a comment about the beginning of this blog entry. I don't think you realized it at the time, but this is what was going on:

    - You were talking to Mike in Colorado from Ukraine through the internet/your computer to him on his house phone.

    At the same time:

    - Marshall and I were sending disparaging chat messages from Colorado to you in the Ukraine.

    At the same time:

    - We were chatting with Heidi (audio only) online from Colorado while she was in Columbia.

    I think that's pretty flipping sweet when you stop and think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pic appears just fine on my computer.

    It's an easy life being a missionary these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, the pic doesn't appear on my work or home computer. Neither do the pictures of your Dads working anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, our dads' don't work for me either. I Just don't get it.

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!

What I used to think