2/20/08

My Ladies!

Update:  Due to a specific request from the birthday girl herself, I have replaced the original picture with another that she had previously given me from her trip to Liverpool last year.  You can't beat your big Sis and Anfield in the same pic!


Easy, boys!  I'm protective of these ladies and I've been beating the boys away from these two for a long time!  Joy (on the right for those of you who don't know my sisters) is already spoken for anyway.

So....today is Tammi's (L) birthday and she is now officially a loud and proud thirty-$@%$@ year old.  If any of you want to compare resumes on siblings, I'll dominate all comers.  TK (in our family, her middle name is like Yahweh to Jews...never to be spoken aloud) almost has as much education as the rest of our family combined and is currently getting her feet wet as an "esquire" in DC.  I cannot express how proud we Gaws are of her but I wanted to say a few words straight to my big Sis.

Tam, I pray that this next year sees you realizing your dreams of a fulfilling career, but also the knowledge that we all love you regardless of your education and achievements.  I pray that you will develop the friends in DC that will be there to laugh and cry with you through all you experience, but that you will always feel the support from Mom, Dad, Joy and Bobby in Colorado and from the three of us here in Ukraine.  Most of all, I pray that you feel the love of our Lord and that he gives you contentment and peace.  I know that we have been through some rough patches as a family, but please know that you have never been outside any of our hearts (even as you were so far away), nor will you ever be.  We love you...I love you and I am so honored to be your baby brother.


OK, back to the general readership...

Since I know that Tammi reads my blog, can all of you do me a favor and leave a happy birthday message/comment for her?  Thanks!

14 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday T-money! Thanks for keeping Matt in line all these years. He's lucky to have you as a sister. So what are you going to do now that you're able to vote? Who loves ya? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mom and I heartily endorse Matt's comments. We are so proud of all of you, but especially you Tammi on your special day. We pray you have had a great Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Tammi! You are the only girl that could always keep my brother, Aaron in line :-)Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well it would seem that I was destined for law, since I have a bit of a reputation of "keeping people in line? (Really????)

    Thanks for using up some of that valued internet kilobyte space on me! Since none of the people who read this live in DC, I can safely say that I miss you all (but especially my baby bro on the other side of the world). You make me prouder than I will ever be able to put into words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah, and we will take up at a later day my feelings on that picture being out in internet world. You have other pictures of me -- did we have to go with the "deer in headlights" combined with "didn't do anything with my hair"?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was wondering how you'd react to the picture as you're always more critical of them than the rest of the world. Email me one you like better and I'll swap them out, OK? I think everyone will attest that you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Tammi! Thanks for all of your advice (solicited and unsolicited alike) over the many years.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Good Look'in - I believe my birthday wish will have traveled the longest distance. It is coming from Hangzhou, China. You will have to guess who this is. I will give you one clue, no one has a birthday closer to yours than mine. Have a great one and have Matt get you my info.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hangzhou? I lived in Hangzhou. Have you been to the beautiful west lake?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am guessing Anonymous would be Mike, since he and I share our wonderful day plus or minus a few years! Although I didn't know you were in China so hmmmmm.....

    Matty, if you wanna switch up the pic and play Liverpool loyalty, grab one of the ones in front of Anfield ;-)

    I don't know who Coach is, but thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday Tammi! Sorry I am a day late. I am at the hospital waiting for my niece to be born. I am sure Marshall and Lindsay send their wishes as well but are a little preoccupied. Hope your day was great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait to take you to Anfield!!!! You will LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am a couple of weeks behind on my blog reading, so therefore behind on my Happy Birthday, Tammi, wishes! Tammi I hope you had a fabulous day and that you have a wonderful year!

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!

What I used to think