2/29/08

Campbell's new "grill"

I just wanted to give you all a sneak peek at Campbell's new self-adjusted grill.

Last night he was playing in the dining hall when he fell and busted his top front teeth.  He cried for about 2 or 3 minutes before he manned-up and calmed down.  In all seriousness, he was a real trooper considering the fall he took.  We called our friend Anya whose father is a dentist and he had us come right over.  After an inspection of the damage he relieved our fears, telling us that the teeth were still fine and would not need any real fixing other than grinding the sharp edges to protect his lip and tongue.  He was not quite as much of a trooper for this experience and had to be restrained by all of us.  Once the drill was put away, he regained enough composure to give Mr. Sergey (coincidentally the same Sergey that cooks the great meat when we go to the banya) a high-five.

Today we have tried to ascertain the sensitivity of the broken teeth and have concluded that he will be fine other than looking like a bare-fisted boxer until he's 5.  At first we were pretty sad, but the new look is starting to grow on me and I think I like it.  The same cannot be said for his mother.

In the aftermath of his impromptu dental work, we found out that the boy and I would be getting our second run of Hepatitis A shots today.  Though I suspected that he would not be pleased, nothing could prepare me for his terrified panic attack.  He lost his mind at the mere prospect of the stethoscope to say nothing of the actual injection.  It's been a tough 24 hours for the boy and we are just hoping that he makes it through dinner without everything going "pear-shaped."

8 comments:

  1. Ooof! Dangerous! I think you should come up with a great story so you can pull people's leg when they ask. Either that, or tell them that he's a hockey player.

    The good news now is that other little kids probably won't pick a fight with him...cause he looks dangerous! Ooof!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my boy!!! Will he not lose his baby teeth til he is 5? I agree with Aaron -- you need to make up a good "caught shrapnel in 'Nam" kind of story to accompany his snazzy new grill.

    XOXO

    T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Campbell! What a tough guy.
    He's still one of the most handsome boys around. I bet his new look catches on. It will be all the rage to have your kids teeth "custom shaped". All the celebritys will start taking their kids in for cosmetic teeth surgery. :) HA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor little boy!! I bet it was much tougher on his mommy than it was on him! He is super cute though. It is quite funny when the kids actually start to remember the doctor's office. We had Nathan's two year apt last week and as soon as he saw the doctor he started to cry...every time before this he was a happy camper!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am laughing that the girls both said "poor Campbell" and those of us considered "less girly" or in Aaron's case, not a girl at all, are high fiving him over the internet!

    Nature vs. nurture rears its head again I guess :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, Tam...you better marry a kindergarten teacher or your kids are in serious trouble in the nurture department.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's the best joke I have ever heard!!! That's why I have you guys, and Joy and Bobby -- that way no one looks to me for grandkids! I love your families very much, but won't be needing any youngsters of my own :-)

    I will just put "doting aunt" on my resume and be done with it! (Can you imagine me with a kid?? As Aaron said above, "ooof, dangerous"!!!)

    Miss you guys!!

    T

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh and I agree with Carly that he is still the most handsome little man around! He could melt ice with that smile, even with the slightly deviant tooth design. You guys did so good!

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!

What I used to think