2/5/08

Reasons for the Slowdown

Recently I haven't been posting much due to our dads being in town for the week.  Those hours of free time after the sun goes down at 4pm have been spent enjoying our limited time with the patriarchs.  Sarah's last post captures most of what has been going on, but I wanted to give a list of events that are of interest (at least to me).
  • Last week, my new Ukrainian team Shakhtar made it to the final of the Channel One Cup only to beaten by fellow Ukrainians Dynamo Kiev 3-2 on penalties.
  • Liverpool lost to upset artists Westham United on Tuesday to drop several more spots in the Premiership race but on the weekend were able to beat lowly Sunderland 3-0 after a miserable first half showing.
  • We took the dads to a Ukrainian circus which was mostly entertaining because you could never really be sure what was next (Was that alligator's mouth secured shut before they let that kid pet it?  What liquid does the fire spitter actually have in his mouth?  How many of the acrobats have died in this circus?)  This may become its own post later.
  • I FINALLY found replacement blades for my utility knife!!!!!!!  I don't think I can describe for you how naked I felt doing labor without a suitable blade.
  • Big Jim Hunt arrived with the dads and I am loving having him around.  He is so driven that it gives me immense amounts of determination and energy to really get some things done.  I feel like I've been suffering from low-grade holiday doldrums since mid-December.
I've also discovered several new blogs that I think may interest some of you (though definitely not most).

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link to the Heidster's blog! Take care man.

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!

What I used to think