3/20/08

Thursday 13: The most awesome things that have happened this week

I'm about to choke the computer as this is the sixth time I've tried to write this post. Since it's Russian I never know what it's telling me in error messages, but when Internet Explorer just dies and takes all my work with it, I get the basic message.


So this is my T13 that should be good enough to make up for skipping last week: The 13 most awesome things that have happened this week.


13. The weather is getting really nice and spring is in the air.

12. I saw a 140 lb dynamo named Dima demolish a concrete patio 12ft long by 8 ft deep by 3 ft tall (and the 2 staircases that went with it) in less than 8 hours of work...by himself...with only hand tools.

11. I saw Lil' Trucker ride his first tricycle....

10. ...without a helmet! I didn't wear one, he shouldn't have to either.

9. We haven't had liver once this week.

8. I've gotten to have a bonfire almost every day with all the junk wood I have collected.

7. Liverpool won once, Shaktar twice.

6. My parents finally committed completely to coming next week (actually Saturday). Flying standby is tough, but it does get them here!

5. Cam learned with surprisingly few spankings that even though he CAN escape from his crib, he is not ALLOWED to do so.

4. I am on the run of a lifetime in our semi-nightly Pinochle league...I'm talking some seriously awesome hands.

3, 2, and 1. The Hope Center is getting one of these!

It's a 2008 Polaris Ranger 4x4 UTV and it represents a serious answer to prayer. About 2 weeks ago I started talking with some people about donating to getting us this little truck. We have a great contact at Polaris who suggested this vehicle to us at a huge discount...he then proceeded to talk with their Scandinavian branch who offered to cover the shipping and customs costs for getting it us down here. We are almost at the amount that was quoted but I expect some tax and other costs. If you would like to donate to put us over the top, let me know and I'll explain how.

Thanks to those of you who have already given, you know who you are and I am truly thankful.

4 comments:

  1. I am so thrilled you guys are getting that vehicle! I wish you could get pictures of the faces of the people as they see exactly how much it changes their everyday work loads....how amazing Jesus is!

    Also on the picture topic....any chance we can get one of Lil' Trucker on the tricycle?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Tammi's instinct on pictures of quality cuteness, I also think its awesome that some heartless corporation sees the value of what you're doing. I look forward to the pictures of the UTV at work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been a little slow on the picture front since our computer went down. We get our new hard drive on saturday so I should be back in the game by next week.

    Same with video. I lost 2 hilarious videos of Cam but I think I can reimport them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you worry too much about it! We all understand that you have been afflicted with the computer cramp, and love you anyway!

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!

What I used to think