4/11/08

Blogging and other Stuff Christians Like

Blogging is a strange process.  You begin by writing posts knowing full-well that you will be the only one reading them.  Then if you have a very patient spouse and ultra-supportive parents, you may move into the realm of having a regular readership (3 or 4 hits a day).  Generally this progresses until you either; A) Realize that it's less effort to just tell those 3 or 4 people what you are thinking OR B) Get hooked enough to start trying to develop your site outside your immediate circle of friends.

If you choose the latter, you will probably start to read and connect with more successful bloggers who also had very supportive parents and at sometime in the past chose option B.  It's a peculiar cycle, is it not?

Anyway, as an option B person, I sometimes come across a blog which opens my eyes to a wholly different style.  I've mentioned previously Carlos Whittaker's Ragamuffin Soul and long ago Jessica Hagy's Indexed as being this way.  I have discovered another such site - coincidentally through Carlos.  It is called Stuff Christians Like and it is absolutely hilarious.  I just found it yesterday and have already read at least 5 laugh-out-loud posts.  Actually in the intervening moments between when I last checked it and when I just went there to cut and paste the hyperlink, there has been a new post called "Getting Freaky Deaky with the Song of Solomon."  If that doesn't compel you to visit, here are a few more titles of great ones that should peak your interest.


I'm getting sick of the cut, paste, link, etc. process...just check it out.  If you've ever been to a church, I promise you'll laugh.

1 comment:

  1. I laughed hysterically. Thank you so much! I think my favorites were the entries on Chik-fil-a and the Booty, God, Booty entry. Laughts aplenty!

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!

What I used to think