4/29/08

La La La's with lots of Dah Dah Dah's

May 6th we will be holding a 5K (or 3 1/2K if I'm feeling sorry for them) run for the IVA students.  None of them are too thrilled about this either.  Only a couple of them actually enjoy running, but they will all be participating in the race.  If any of you have run in a race, I'm sure you will agree that a well thought out event can make for a really fun time... even if it is running.  But to pull this off, you need good music and lots of people cheering.  Since the work team will be here, we will have the fans.  Now I need some good music.  This is where you all come into play.  Give me your top 5 good running songs (that can be played at the Hope Center :)).  You know, the songs that get the entire crowd singing at the tops of their voices and inserting a lot of "dah dah dahs" and humming on the not so famous parts... "Come on Ilene...dah dah dah".  I need everyone to participate on this!!!  

6 comments:

  1. My personal favorite running song, especially at the end of a run, is Jackson Brown's Running on Empty. It has whoo-whoos, and you can really just belt out the running on empty refrain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Caroline? The U2 version not Neil Diamond.

    I was just thinking because it has "bah bah bah" in it, not cause it is an especially motivating running song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not a running song per se, but we just sang "If This World" with Jackie Velasquez at chapel today (it's the National Day of Prayer). It pretty much goes...nah nah nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah nah, WHOA WHOA WHOA YEAH! :)

    How about the Britney Spears song: "Sometimes"..."sometime I run", etc. :) I listen to WSD or other football talk radio when I work out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree with "EYE OF THE TIGER"! most of the songs i run to are upbeat worship songs!!

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Tennessee" by Arrested Development

    "Free and Easy" (down the road I go)by Dierks Bentley

    AND

    "Footloose" :) ...though you can't listen and not want to dance like Kevin Bacon.

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!

What I used to think