4/12/08

Kerch Nyet

I just walked in the door from a rousing game of Phase 10 in which we got tired of always getting stuck and actually only played Phase 7.  That is irrelevant but during this game which was all Ukrainian minus me and Jim, I was reminded that we are changing out internet service as of Monday.  We will pay a significantly lower rate and have....wait for it.....UNLIMITED ACCESS!!!!!  That's right, no more $130 movie rentals and no more stinginess on video chatting.  If you are reading this and you don't know my Skype or iChat addresses, well....it's probably because I didn't give it to you, nor do I plan to.

We are switching from Aironet (or something like that) to Kerchnet, which in Russian sounds like "Kerch, NO!"  It's a funny linguistic coincidence.  Sort of like when I try to say in Russian "That's not very Christian," I usually say "That's not working class" (if you're curious, it's the difference between one hard C and a guttural HK-type noise). Or like the Chevy Nova sounds like "won't go" in Spanish or the Toyota MR2 closely resembles "poop" in French.

I realize that this post has 2 wholly divergent topic, neither at all interesting, but I figure it's better than 2 separate completely uninteresting posts, right?

1 comment:

  1. WOO-HOO...unlimited innernyet! DANCE!!! SHIPOOPI!

    I am a jelly doughnut.

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!

What I used to think