4/18/08

Resolution of Innermet Issues...not really

I made reference in an earlier Thursday 13 (see number 8) to the fact that it is not uncommon to call our Internet provider to inform them that our service is out and have them tell us "We know" and not much else. We decided to switch to another provider and now I have another such situation. As correctly diagnosed by several of my much smarter friends, the aforementioned issue with my computer was one of non-compatibility between the ISP and my Mac.

Yesterday our techie friend called them to suggest that this may be the issue and would anyone like to guess what their response was? The told him, "We know but there are only 1 or 2 Macs on our network so we don't want to make any updates to correct the issue." As I understand it, it is a simple and standard procedure to stay up-to-date on just this kind of compatability software...and yet they refuse.

It's a good thing that my T13 list of aspects that I love about Ukraine was posted before I learned about this or it may have never been published - out of spite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me your genius!

What I used to think