4/6/08

Liverpool - Arsenal trifecta update

As promised, here is my follow up on the previous post's European kickball predictions.  I stated that Liverpool would drop Saturday's game to Arsenal 3-1; likely due to fielding a squad of back-ups.  I was correct about the game being full of subs, but I had not expected both teams to do it with such earnest.  By my preliminary count, there were a combined 6-7 regular starters out of the 22 that took the field.  Fortunately for my Reds, the Gooners have been showing their lack of depth more and more as the season wears on.  Had I known that it would be two second-team squads that would face each other, I would have had a little more faith.  In fact, our subs were potent enough to play to a 1-1 draw away from home.  I great result with Peter Crouch scoring yet again.  This 6'7" striker almost never gets a run out, but anytime he does, he scores.  Here's hoping for another good result at Anfield on Tuesday.

As a sidenote, I will be doing a Hope Center Programs update soon but it was delayed by my botching a software update which necessitated reloading all our applications for the second time this month.

3 comments:

  1. Would this be a good place to repost my comment that I thought it was going to be 1-1 (or 2-1)? :) I said 4-3 PK shootout win in the UCL match too.

    Come on you Scousers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just reviewed you prediction and though you got the score right, your reasoning was flawed. You thought that they would play to a 1-1 since their league position was not secure. In fact they played only Reina, Carra and Skertl from their normal starters and even fielded a kid who had never seen a run out for them. I figured they might rest their stars but I was surprised that the Gooners did too. Had I known it would be an all reserves game, I would have called the score differently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Better to get it right with flawed reasoning then to get it wrong with flawed reasoning, I always say. LFC didn't take it seriously (my flawed assumption) and Arsenal didn't take it seriously (your flawed assumption). Does it really matter? Predicting scores is all luck anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!

What I used to think