4/3/08

Our Very Own Bucket of Love!


"When it rains, it pours."  It seems like we go through these periods of time when everything bad that is going to happen in a months time, happens in about 24 hours.  Okay, so maybe more than 24 hours... but back to back for certain.  It started off with our goodbye to Matt's parents on Sunday.  We so enjoyed having them here and as usual had a hard time saying goodbye.  (we realize we have been so blessed to have visitors!!!)  Then the rain came... bringing with it dreariness and as mentioned no internet... tough, but certainly doable.  I had a quick rollercoaster ride thinking that my brother was going to get a chance to come visit us with one of the work teams, but as it turns out won't be now... again disappointed, but okay with God's decision.  Then Matt's ATM/Debit card gets eaten by the ATM machine... okay starting to get a little tired of this now.  We were informed that a scandal has been going on with the mafia stealing cards this way... long story short... after lots of calls, a new card will be sent and our tens of dollars are still safe and sound in our account.  Finally last night after eating some kind of fish loaf my middle finger decided to go numb and turn deadly white soon followed by my big toe... VERY weird but thankfully resolved rather quickly.  I must say I am glad to be "allergic" to the fish loaf... maybe I will become allergic to the liver too!  ALL this to say that when God sends a little ray of sunshine after days of rain, you appreciate it so much more!  

Today, we were pleasantly surprised with a care package from our friend Max Forrest... and boy were we spoiled!  Max has been our encourager from Michigan... praying for us, sending us letters and packages.  Thank you so much Max!  And thanks for your perfect timing God!  

If any of you know people living overseas (excluding us :)), I highly suggest sending them a magazine and a box of candy.  It can sure lift the spirits.

2 comments:

  1. I see in the picture a plastic recorder/flutophone. Is Campbell enjoying his new musical outlet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not nearly as much as I am listening to Sarah play hymns.

    Actually he loves it, though he is still discovering that one need only BLOW through the instrument. Maybe we should have asked for a kazoo.

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!

What I used to think