4/18/08

I'm back

I got a tip from my favorite Mac guru and I am back in the game.

Basically he clued me into a service (known as a VPN) that makes a secure "tunnel" through your existing internet provider; thus eliminating KerchNYET's ability to yank me around with their shenanigans.  It runs me $15/month but it is infinitely more secure than my previous situation.  I really should have been doing this all along.  The only downside is that it is currently slower than running without the VPN connection - a situation that will probably be mostly corrected once I am able to change to a European-based server.

For those of you that track your traffic, I will show up as a visitor from reliablehosting.com from Canada (or maybe soon The Netherlands).  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me your genius!

What I used to think