4/23/08

Liverpool Champions League Disaster

So the game was a crusher...of my soul.
Dirk Kuyt scored yet another improbable goal and Chelsea was absolutely NOT dangerous for a full 90 minutes.  The last kick of the game, a Chelski corner, was a decent ball across the face of the goal but not a single blue shirt had a legitimate shot at it.  This mattered for naught since Reds reserve defenseman John Arne Riise, in a supremely unwise clearance attempt, snuck the ball past Pepe Reina for a disastrous own goal.

Chelsea's reputed 20 million Euro striker Didier Drogba couldn't find his feet, let alone the back of the net and winger Joe Cole botched their only real opportunity with an attempt so awkward, it would have embarrassed most high school players.  It was an undeserved draw for CCCFC and it gives them an undisputed edge heading into next week's return leg.

I don't even want to talk about it, so please don't comment.  As my fellow Red Tim (a true scouser by birth not merely heredity) Skyped me seconds after the final whistle....GUTTED!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am not going to talk about the game, but your email keeps failing so I can't send you a message any other way.....here is what I was trying to say but the internet police are shutting me down.....

    *******************
    Just wanted to wish my favorite nephew a happy birthday! I am sure that there will be lots of fun pictures and I can't wait to see them!!!

    Love you!

    T

    **************************

    That's all!

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!

What I used to think