4/17/08

Thursday 13: What I love about Ukraine

I already did my less than flattering "you know you're in Ukraine" list so now here is my 13 things I love about living here.

13.  Learning a language by necessity and everyday usage.

12.  Being able to be drive a bit crazy and not even get a glance from the other motorists.

11.  Living in the only county on the planet where the currency is worth LESS than the dollar.

10.  Being surrounded by people who are willing to help with no expectation of remuneration (this is mainly just a Hope Center thing).

9.  Bologna and pickle soup...seriously, I love it.

8.  Going to my house for lunch break, coffee break, pee break, etc.

7.  2 blocks from the sea...how great is that?

6.  Getting paid in room and board; I haven't seen a bill since I arrived.

5.  The ice cream.  You'll just have to come here to try it for yourselves.

4.  The peacefulness of the camp (when our neighbors aren't jackhammering).

3.  Liverpool games coming on at 5...in the evening!

2.  We have our own basketball and volleyball courts, soccer field, park, running trails, garden, dinning room for 100, ping pong tables, security guards and cooks.  It's sort of like being a millionaire.

1.  It's where the Lord put us. 

1 comment:

  1. Hands down #9 is my favorite soup in Ukraine too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!

What I used to think