3/22/08

Off to the Big City


Today I am making my first trip to Simferopol by myself. I will be picking up Paul Dunberg at 4:20pm and then finding a way to waste the intervening 5 hours before my parents flight arrives. It may be tough to see on the map of Crimea above but I will start on the far right side in Kerch and drive to the regional capital in the middle (which on this map is spelled Симферополь). I only know 3 locations in the city - the airport, the train station and the MacDonalds - so I hope to expand my knowledge today.

If you look very closely, the road to Simferopol goes through lovely Feodosia and then through the hills that parallel the Black Sea coast. It has been raining here for the past 2 days so I am hoping that this doesn't translate to snow in the higher areas - it can get fairly treacherous. Please pray for safe travel, wisdom in dealing with the language issues and a supernatural sense of direction so that I can get everyone back to Kerch in a timely manner.

3 comments:

  1. You'll do great on your driving trip! Tell Paul hello!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easy pickins...just follow the red road down to down-leftish. Once you pass the little orange stuff, just keep the green stuff on your left at all times. Flip the direction and side on the way back. Eees no problum. Tell the fam I said hello!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I have supernatural faith in your sense of direction!! Give the parentals a hug for me!!!

    XOXO

    T

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!

What I used to think