3/4/08

Unwanted Vacation From Blogging

I have lowered myself to blogging from a PC today. Why, do you ask have I left the friendly confines of my beloved MacBook? Was it that I got tired of closing programs from the top left corner? Nope. Was my mind being confused by super-slick tabbed browsing? Na. Was it that my grammar and spell have gotten so good that I no longer need Macs built in spell checker? Not really. Perhaps it was the fact that my hard drive sounds like it has rocks in it and will do nothing upon start-up aside from showing an error icon that, according to my tiny MacBook manual indicates that the hard disc could not be found....

If this was your answer, you win the door prize!!!!!!!!!!

My 5 month old MacBook has bought the farm and done so roughly $400 in shipping away from the closest Mac service location....and that's one-way.

I tell you this to explain that this site, which I have spent so much thought and effort to maintain, will likely slow down considerably in the next few months until I can get our laptop back the US, repaired and back in my hands. Just thought you might like to know.

5 comments:

  1. Talked to your dad last night. Rather than ship the computer home, you could buy a firewire external hard drive and load your OS and programs on it instead. You just hold down the option button when you power up, and it will let you select the drive to boot from. You may still want to remove your noisy hard drive to prevent it from being dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arghhhhh! Hey, check your hotmail or work email. I found an article online that may help. It talks about the use of the “option” key while booting up…but more importantly the simple procedure he used to fix this problem (it sounds like you may be have the same problem). It’s really simple and worth trying imo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Coach and Slick have good ideas I was just think to fly
    Phil out there and have him fix it might be cheaper than sending the laptop back.

    What kind of stone is it.......and are you suggesting that stones migrate. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dad and I were talking yesterday afternoon about the external hard drive thing too. I am very grateful for mine.

    I am asking some computer geeks out here for some input as well. You have a lot of people on the case, so we will get it sorted.

    XOXO

    T

    ReplyDelete
  5. An external hard drive is good to have anyway for backing up all your stuff. I have one and use it all the time. So, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to get one anyway, regardless of this problem. It’s a good idea to try too. Bottom line though, any noise like jumbled rocks coming from your hard drive is a really bad sign! It should be under warranty though…so are you planning on giving it to your Dad to take back and mail/fix and then deliver it by hand again?

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!

What I used to think