3/27/08

Thursday 13: Best things about having parents visit (another continent)

I forgot one very important part of the "TT" process.  All commenters are to be asked to submit their own 13.  Since many of my readers are actually employed - and I'd like to keep it that way - I am only asking for all of you to take a few minutes and give us your Top 5.

So here it goes:

13.  Can I count backup child care for numbers 5-13?

12.  Getting to revisit all the places in town that you never get around to.

11.  Taking a chance and visiting a few new ones.

10.  An extra laborer for those jobs that you really don't want to do alone.

9.  Having someone to work with that speaks English (or maybe that is just my thing).

8.  Seeming for once, by comparison, to be very proficient at the local language (only me?)

7.  Spending less time on Skype/phone and more face-to-face.

6.  Campbell remembering what hanging out with Mimi and Pops is all about.

5.  Letting your parents see what your life is like now that you're all "growed up."

4.  Getting some phat family pictures.

3.  Having a functioning hard drive on your computer....I had to throw that one in there.

2.  An occasional allsome gift; which sometimes is just your own stuff that they brought with them

1.  New movies...that we can now watch on our functioning computer!

Ok, now give me your 5...

Stay tuned next week for the "top 13 items from my childhood that I wish I still owned."

2 comments:

  1. I don't have enough time to leave my top 5, but will try later.

    Just wanted to say LOVE YOU to my fam!!!

    (By the way, my word verification is "dorkhurv" -- clearly the coolest pseudo-word ever!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In age order (as far as I know):

    5) Dave
    4) Jan
    3) Sarah
    2) Matt
    1) Campbell

    All together again...

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!

What I used to think